I'm sure anybody who is still reading this already knows but:
Lovebug is here!! And Lovebug ended up being a sweet little girl whom we named Clara Louise!!
This isn't her official birth story post yet but just a few beginning thoughts as we venture into our new lives as a family of five. Of course, I've been pretty spoiled this first week and a half with having my mom here to help! She's been taking care of the older two while I get to just solely focus on sweet Clara. Clara has been doing great since we've been home and only cries if she's naked. :) She has been sleeping pretty well and right now we're in a bit of a rhythm. She has been wanting to cluster feed (nurses over and over with about 15 min breaks in between) from about 11pm-2am and if I'm patient and let her feed as much as she wants then she will suddenly pass out around 2am and then sleep until around 7am. Getting five hours of sleep these days is pretty fantastic!! Plus, between those hours, it is quiet and peaceful, everyone else is asleep but she is wide awake so we have some wonderful one-on-one time together. Then during the day she pretty much sleeps all day only just barely waking up to eat a little then going right back to sleep. So for now, having three children 4yrs and under has been pretty easy!! We'll see how it is when my mom goes home for good and when Clara outgrows the newborn "sleeping all the time" routine. ;o)
I have been so very pleased with how well Heidi and Jonah have taken to their baby sister. They adore her! They love to kiss on her and hold her and whenever she starts crying one (usually Jonah) or both will come running over to sing to her or try to give her a toy or talk to her to get her to calm down. And I've been amazed with how Clara responds to her siblings! Once when I was getting ready to feed Clara, she was getting fussy but Heidi wanted to hold her. I warned Heidi that she could hold her really quick but that she was probably going to start crying because she was hungry and already getting really fussy. Not more than 10 seconds after I placed Clara in Heidi's arms and Heidi started talking to her, she calmed right down and was just watching her big sister. Adorable! Absolutely adorable! So excited to watch these sisters grow up together! I love having a sister and am so thankful these girls have each other.
I was especially concerned with how Jonah would respond to Clara once she came home. Just with him being so young and not fully understanding what exactly was going on. But I needn't have worried! He's been great. He loves to kiss her hands and her head and will sing songs to her. He is so gentle when he holds her and he especially will try to comfort her when she cries. Such a good big brother!
Our sweet baby Clara completes our family in such a perfect way! I feel so full and incredibly blessed when I see my three babies and their wonderful daddy. God has truly been generous with this precious family that Nathan and I are growing and I'm so very thankful that He has entrusted us with these beautiful children. I couldn't be happier and couldn't have asked for better blessings than the ones He has so graciously loaned to us!!







No comments:
Post a Comment