I'm going with the "Better late than Never" mentality. Plus, with Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow, I figured I'd better hurry and get this up. Here's our Halloween of 2011!!
Heidi and Jonah have really been into the Toy Story movies lately. We've watched 1, 2, and 3 many, many (many) times in the last four months or so. Towards the end of my pregnancy, I was short on energy, patience and will power so after their naps, during the "bewitching" hour (its around that time of 5:00 for some reason) I would give in to their plaintive cries to watch a movie, or a 'da-broo' in Jonah-speak. And it was almost always one of the Toy Story movies. So imagine my surprise when Heidi wanted to be Jessie for Halloween! Of course, then Jonah had to be Buzz, which he was very excited about until it came to wear the actual costume. But he finally got into it after seeing Heidi as Jessie and I think they looked so cute!! My mom and I made Heidi's costume (hat, shirt details, and chaps), but Jonah's was bought. I saw a Jessie costume at Target but I didn't want to shell out $30 for one when I knew it couldn't possibly be that hard to put together myself!! I was right. It was so stinking easy and cheap! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.
 |
| Jessie and Buzz |
First we had a Trunk or Treat at our church and the kids had no hesitation going after the candy! Even our normally reserved Buzz was all for getting that candy!!
 |
| He had the candy gathering drill down pat! |
 |
| Getting some help from Daddy |
 |
| This is how Clara spent the night at Trunk or Treats. Nice and cozy! |
 |
| We didn't make it to much of the Fall Festival that our church had but we did get to see the glow in the dark room The kids thought that it was pretty cool! |
 |
| Our happy little family. Clara is in the white ghost hat. |
 |
| Unfortunately, this is the only picture I could get of all three of them. Heidi kept having a hat/hair malfunction and Clara kept having an attitude malfunction. Oh well. They're cute anyhow! |
Then on the actual Halloween day, the kids and I headed to my parents' church to meet up with Laurie and her kids and Mamaw and O'Pa for another Trunk or Treat.
 |
| Grandma McCurdy and some great grandkids |
A man in a very scary mask walked by Jonah and absolutely terrified Jonah. He was very upset and shaking like a leaf and didn't want anything to do with candy anymore. My dad worked with him and coaxed him back into trick or treating. I felt so bad for him and quite annoyed at the man. >:(
 |
| O'Pa showing Jonah that it's ok, Larry isn't as scary as he looks! Haha! |
 |
| And Clara again. Sweet little ghost! |
Clara wore the same thing for her first Halloween that Heidi and Jonah both did. Here's a flashback. It's amazing to me that in some ways, Clara looks just like Heidi and in others she looks just like Jonah. But I've never thought that Heidi and Jonah look anything alike! But either way, I have three adorable babies!!
 |
| Heidi |
 |
| Jonah |
 |
| Clara |
We met up with my sister and her kids and they were the cutest Ladybug and Tiger!!
 |
Jonah, Clark, Alyssa, Clara, Heidi
(Clara having another attitude malfunction, poor baby!) |
Hope you had a happy Halloween!!
2 comments:
Cute pics, even with the 'attitude malfunction'! :) I'm impressed you're keeping up with this much blogging with three kids, one of them just a tiny thing! Miss you guys!
Thanks, Tracey! Although I don't know that I'd call it "keeping up" with it seeing as I only get a post up every other month or so! : )
Miss you and your family, too!!
Post a Comment